Thursday, November 19, 2009

Opening Eyes at CafeGive with the Sankara Eye Foundation

When I was in elementary school, I had a lazy eye.  Yes, I was the kid with the weird flesh colored eye patch (way before Captain Jack Sparrow made them cool).  Lucky for me, my parents recognized this early and I got the care I needed quickly.  Now I’m proud to say I have 20/20 vision.  Some people aren’t so lucky, that is where Sankara Eye Foundation comes in.

Sankara Eye Foundation has a mission to realize the goal of 20/20 vision for the people of India by the year 2020.  Sankara Eye Foundation initiates and drives community eye care activities in India by working with eye care organizations like the Sankara Eye Care Institution, which runs the Sankara Eye Hospital in Coimbatore, India.

While a majority of Sankara Eye Foundation’s fundraising comes from events, booths, advertising and working with donors, they are trying something new  by teaming up with CafeGive.  We are glad to have them as part of our community.  Sankara Eye Foundation strives to provide  70,000 free surgeries annually, CafeGive  hopes to help Sankara Eye Foundation reach their goal and perhaps even exceed it.

Help support Sankara Eye Foundation by checking out their profile page on CafeGive, advocating for them and purchasing products like eye and sunglasses from Nine West and Forzieri.com.

Interested in learning more about CafeGive?  Check out our website, Facebook Fan page, blog and Twitter.

Involved with Sankara Eye Foundation or CafeGive?  Or another international cause?  We want to know, leave a comment here on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment